Temple Grove Academy Trust seeks to provide all children with a breadth and depth of learning opportunities in order to realise individual aspirations and potential.
We aim to promote our ethos through:
- Encouraging a breadth of educational challenge and inspiration, within and beyond the taught curriculum.
- Pro-active support for the recruitment and appointment of inspirational leaders.
- Support for the Leadership Team given through the appointment of exceptional governors.
- Promoting a broad and balanced curriculum beyond the National Curriculum core subjects of the Primary stage.
- Outdoor activity in the natural environment with a diversity of physical challenges, including planned and managed risk taking.
- An appropriate range of internal assessment and pupil performance procedures that measure pupil progress and outcomes.
- An extended day with timetabled after-school enrichment provision. The Trust wants to encourage initiatives to support working families.
- Community engagement: working with children, parents, staff, local residents and others, such as allowing some access to school facilities outside the school day.
- Encouraging a shared sense of belonging and identity by the wearing of uniforms and the use of ‘House’ structures for both pastoral and competitive purposes.
- Children’s nutrition, ensuring children eat at least one healthy cooked meal a day.
- Fair admission procedures that ensure access, inclusion and equality of opportunity. The Trust will consider support for any school compatible with the Trust’s Ethos, provided that a majority of pupils are not selected on a basis of faith (or a similar selective criterion).